Rage 2’s first expansion from Avalanche Studios and id Software has been given a release date of 26th September. Titled Rise of the Ghosts, the story focussed expansion adds a new region that’s littered with cannibalistic, Feltrite-infused Ghosts.
Who you gonna call? The Ghost hunter of course. Ranger Walker has a whole host of powerful Feltrite abilities and an arsenal of devastating, flesh-chewing weaponry.
Below is a breakdown of the new content.
- Brand-New Story to be told
- New Enemy Faction, the malicious Ghosts
- The Overgrown City, a huge new region to explore
- Feltrite Laser Launcher: This powerful new weapon incinerates any enemies in its path with a lethal Feltrite-infused beam.
- Void ability: Target an enemy with Void to grab them and suspend them in the air ragdoll-style before sending them flying with Shatter, or focus the ability to make your target’s head explode.
- Ghost Motorcycle vehicle
Players who currently own the Deluxe Edition will automatically gain access to Rise of the Ghosts on 26th September. Players who don’t own the Deluxe Edition can purchase Rise of the Ghosts from the in-game store for 1500 RAGE Coins or £11.98 on September 26.
Alternatively, if you would like to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition, you can head to the in-game store now and purchase for 2000 RAGE Coins. Along with Rise of the Ghosts, the Deluxe Edition also gives players the DOOM BFG, Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes, Progress Booster, and the Battle Standard vehicle banner.